Kevin Watson over at Deeply Committed has a post about the first five books he’ll read in 2008. So, I thought I’d share my first five for 2008 too. I’m a book geek too, so my family got me either books or Amazon gift cards! Some of these are for my upcoming D.Min. class (the last three), but the other two are just things I’m interested in.
- If You Want to Write: A Book About Art, Independence, and Spirit by Brenda Ueland
- They Like Jesus, but Not the Church: Insights from Emerging Generations by Dan Kimball
- Post-Modern Pilgrims: First Century Passion for the 21st Century Church by Leonard Sweet
- The Art of the Long View: Planning for the Future in an Uncertain World by Peter Schwartz
- The Truth about the Truth: De-Confusing and Re-Constructing the Postmodern World by Walter Truett Anderson
There are more on the shelf waiting to be read! I saw where Trevin Wax has some suggestions for meeting his goal of reading 100 books a year. I can see reading two books a week, but I think the cost would be outrageous unless you had a really good library nearby.